There are hundreds of amazing cosmetology schools all around the country. More and more, people are looking to careers in cosmetology, because of a desire to help people to look and feel better about themselves. If you on the fence about whether going into the cosmetology schoolfield of cosmetology is right for you, here are the top 5 reasons why you should give it a shot.
- Enjoyment – Truly the number one reason for training in this field is because you love it. If working with hair and make-up is something that you feel passionate about, cosmetology is the field for you. If helping people to look their best, using hair and make-up to create unique and dramatic looks get you excited, then you have found your career calling
- People Person – A cosmetologist works with a lot of different people all day long. If you love meeting new people and carrying on conversations, then you are probably a people person. Many clients share information with their hair and make-up person that they wouldn’t share with anyone else. It can be like having a full client list of friends who want to share their lives with you.
- An Office Isn’t For You – If the thought of being in an office or cubicle sends a chill up your spine than a career in cosmetology might just be the right choice for you. The salon environment is much different than an office and many cosmetologists get to travel for their work too.
- You Make What You Want – How many times have you heard an office worker complain that they don’t get paid what their worth? In most jobs people aren’t paid what their worth, but a cosmetologist does. After you graduate from cosmetology school you will start to build your clientele and make a name for yourself. By doing this you will watch as your income increases.
- Run Your Own Business – Cosmetologists set their own schedules, determine when they want to take lunch breaks, decide which days they are going to work, and generally answer to no one, except themselves.